Whenever you purchase a new vehicle, the manufacturer provides you with a warranty that protects you from the cost of any parts failures. Your warranty is only valid, however, if you have your vehicle regularly serviced by a certified mechanic according to the schedules and procedures laid out in the vehicle’s logbook.
Here at R&S Auto, our expert team of mechanics are fully certified to provide logbook servicing for all:
- Petrol vehicles
- Diesel vehicles
- LPG vehicles
- Electric/hybrid vehicles
RWC And Other Inspections
Before selling or re-registering a used vehicle, VicRoads requires it to be certified as roadworthy by a licensed vehicle tester. R&S Auto is certified to conduct roadworthiness inspections on all cars and light commercial vehicles.
To get a Roadworthy Certificate:
- Book your vehicle in for a Roadworthy inspection (RWC) by giving us a call, sending us an email via our contact page or talking to us in person.
- Bring your car in for the inspection along with your drivers licence. A licensed vehicle tester will assess your car, the process normally takes 2 hours.
If the vehicle passes the inspection a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued. If not go to step 4.
- If vehicle fails the first inspection, we will provide a list of items that will need to be rectified for the certificate to be issued. We will also provide you with a quote of the repair costs required. If the vehicle has rust or damage to structural sections you may be required to have the vehicle assessed by a panel repair shop. The panel repair shop will be required to fill in a Structural Repair Report form.
- Repairs are to be carried out and vehicle represented within 7 days. Repairs can be carried out by our fully trained mechanics or a mechanic of your choosing.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection.
- If the repairs are satisfactory, a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
Contact us to organise a booking today. For more information on obtaining a Certificate of Roadworthiness, visit VicRoads.
R&S Auto can also help you with:
- Pre-Purchase inspections
- Pre-Trip inspections
Brakes are one of your car’s most crucial safety measures, and also your vehicle’s parts most susceptible to wear and tear.
If your car has less stopping power, or is shuddering and squealing under brakes, we can offer a thorough inspection, repairing and replacing brake pads, discs and drums as necessary, and investigate issues with your pedals and brake lines. Contact us if your brakes are giving you trouble.
R&S Auto’s expert mechanics can help you with:
- Brake component replacement (pads, rotors, drums etc.)
- Brake component machining
- Brake hose repairs
Steering And Suspension
Problems with your vehicle’s suspension can lead to a host of issues, from poor ride comfort to physical damage to the undercarriage. Likewise, issues with the steering column can adversely affect your vehicle’s handling.
We’re able to repair and replace worn or damaged components in either system, giving you greater control and comfort on the road.
Poorly aligned wheels mean that your vehicle’s weight is resting on only part of your wheel’s surface area, accelerating tyre wear and increasing the risk of a blowout. It can also affect a vehicle’s handling, and make driving your car a chore.
Our team can give your vehicle a wheel alignment, reducing handling issues and maximising the life of your tyres.
Here at R&S Auto, our expert staff can help you with:
- Wheel alignments
- Shocks and springs
- Wheel balancing
- Bushing replacement
- Power steering
Clutch And Transmission
As part of the assembly that transmits power from the engine to the wheels, the transmission is made up of some of the most complex and intricate machinery in your vehicle. Due to its sophisticated nature, even minor flaws can quickly escalate into costly repairs. If you notice a burning smell after driving, or a grinding noise when changing gears, you should get your transmission checked ASAP.
R&S Auto can help you with:
- Manual transmissions
- Automatic transmissions
- Repairs and replacement
- CV joints
If your vehicle’s experiencing a loss of power or is going through oil more quickly than usual, it’s usually a sign there’s trouble in the engine.
Our team can offer:
- Engine blocks
- Cylinder heads
- EFI diagnostics
If your cooling system is malfunctioning, it can cause issues such as reduced power output and fuel efficiency, even decreased engine lifespan, as overheating damages the engine. If these problems are left untreated for long enough, they will render your car immobile, with the cost of repairs being comparable to buying a secondhand car!
Here at R&S Auto, our expert technicians can help you with:
- Radiator/heater unit repairs
- Head gaskets
- Coolant flush
- Thermostat check and replacement
As modern vehicles have increased in complexity, more and more functionality is governed by the onboard auto electrical network. This network handles everything from playing music and measuring fuel consumption to assisting with braking and gear changes, even monitoring your engine and notifying you if a serious flaw is detected.
Here at R&S Auto, our skilled team are equipped and trained with the lastest diagnostic tools, allowing them to help you with:
- Alternators and starter motors
- Battery check and replacement
- Component test and replacement
- Diagnostic scans
Your tyres are the only contact point your car has with the road, so it’s important to keep them in good condition. Once your tyres are over 5 years old, you should have them checked once a year, and if they’re over 10 years old, you should definitely have them replaced, even if they seem in good condition.
R&S Auto can help you with:
- Car tyres
- 4WD tyres
- Light commercial (vans, utes) tyres
- Truck tyres
- Tyre fitting
- Tyre balancing
- Tyre rotation
We offer a wide range of additional services here at R&S Auto, including:
- Windscreen repair/replacement