We offer mechanical repairs to most kinds of road vehicle, including petrol, diesel and LPG cars, vans and utes, and conduct logbook services that satisfy most new car dealers' warranty policies.
We can also undertake services on retro and classic vehicles, for that special touch. Contact us if you'd like to know more.
Before selling or re-registering a used vehicle, VicRoads requires it to be certified as roadworthy by a licensed vehicle tester. R&S Auto is certified to conduct roadworthiness inspections on all cars and light commercial vehicles.
To get a Roadworthy Certificate:
- Book your vehicle in for a Roadworthy inspection (RWC) by giving us a call, sending us an email via our contact page or talking to us in person.
- Bring your car in for the inspection along with your drivers licence. A licensed vehicle tester will assess your car, the process normally takes 2 hours.
- If the vehicle passes the inspection a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued. If not go to step 4.
- If vehicle fails the first inspection, we will provide a list of items that will need to be rectified for the certificate to be issued. We will also provide you with a quote of the repair costs required. If the vehicle has rust or damage to structural sections you may be required to have the vehicle assessed by a panel repair shop. The panel repair shop will be required to fill in a Structural Repair Report form.
- Repairs are to be carried out and vehicle represented within 7 days. Repairs can be carried out by our fully trained mechanics or a mechanic of your choosing.
- Make a booking for a re-inspection.
- If the repairs are satisfactory, a Roadworthy Certificate will be issued.
Contact us to organise a booking today. For more information on obtaining a Certificate of Roadworthiness, visit VicRoads.
If your vehicle's experiencing a loss of power or is going through oil more quickly than usual, it's usually a sign there's trouble in the engine.
Our team can offer engine servicing ranging from repairs and replacement of the head gasket to a complete engine reconditioning. Contact us if you'd like to know more.
Steering and Suspension
Problems with your vehicle's suspension can lead to a host of issues, from poor ride comfort to physical damage to the undercarriage. Likewise, issues with the steering column can adversely affect your vehicle's handling.
We're able to repair and replace worn or damaged components in either system, giving you greater control and comfort on the road. Contact us to organise an inspection.
Brakes are one of your car's most crucial safety measures, and also your vehicle's parts most susceptible to wear and tear.
If your car has less stopping power, or is shuddering and squealing under brakes, we can offer a thorough inspection, repairing and replacing brake pads, discs and drums as necessary, and investigate issues with your pedals and brake lines. Contact us if your brakes are giving you trouble.
Poorly aligned wheels mean that your vehicle's weight is resting on only part of your wheel's surface area, accelerating tyre wear and increasing the risk of a blowout. It can also affect a vehicle's handling, and make driving your car a chore.
Our team can give your vehicle a wheel alignment, reducing handling issues and maximising the life of your tyres. Contact us to organise a booking today.